Sunday, December 02, 2007

Signs of Getting Old


"Signs of Getting Old.”

My forgetter's getting better.
But my rememberer is broke,
To you that may sound funny,
But, to me, that is no joke.

For when I'm here, I'm wondering,
If instead I should be there,
And when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer.

Oft times I walk into a room,
And say, 'what am I here for ?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain,
A zero is my score.

At times I put something away,
Where it is safe, but gee,
The person it is safest from,
Is generally me.

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "Who the hell was that ?"

Yes my forgetter's getting better,
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me crazy,
And that isn't any joke.


Author Unknown




No comments: